I’ve been asked lately a lot about this and I see people getting stressed out but listen, it doesn’t need to be stressful! It’s all about having a balanced eating habit on your everyday life and you will be totally ok going over some calories for this special time of the year with family and friends !!!! Just be smart, ENJOY IT! And follow my tips👍🏼
We all know that Gravy-drenched drumsticks, buttery mashed potatoes and gooey pecan pie all sound scrumptious 🤤🤤 !!!!!
But, think about what they’ll do to your waistline😩.While you shouldn’t deprive yourself of all your favorite Thanksgiving goodies, cutting back just a little and making some smart swaps can go a long way in maintaining the physique you’ve worked hard to build.
Here are some of my tips to make it through turkey day without feeling like a stuffed hallaca ( tamale) ….well, you know.🤪🤪🤪
1. Eat before the big meal. Yes, you read that correctly! Showing up for the feast with a rumbling tummy is a recipe for over-eating. Also drink all the water you can before getting started!
2. Dress to impress. Don’t do the baggy, comfy clothes, let your body tell you when you are satisfied. Wearing fitting clothing will help to know when is enough.
3. Make single-size versions. Just having small portions of a variation of delicious tastes is just enough to enjoy your meal. Try the protein and the veggies first and them try a little bit of the other sizes.
Take larger portions of steamed vegetables, and skinless white meat of turkey. Limit yourself to one plate of food, “no second helpings”…Eat slowly and savor every bite. Give the food a chance to let you feel the satisfying feeling of fullness.
4. Don’t worry, be picky. Before sitting down at the dinner table, have a few favorites foods in mind. Make sure those calories are totally worthy.
5. Choose booze or sugar. Cocktails and dessert are usually both laden with sugar and calories, so pick a your favorite indulgence but still be mindful of serving sizes. I’d rather enjoy a nice glass of 🍷 with my dinner instead of having dessert!!🤗
6. Draw a clear finish line. Once you’ve tried, reach for a “meal ender” to prevent you from picking at whatever’s in front of you. We suggest popping a breath strip, sucking on a strong mint or reapplying your lip gloss. I personally have a glass of sparkling water and let the carbonation make me feel full enough but not uncomfortable.
It’s totally normal to be heavier on the scale for the next couple of days…. But you will “gain weight” temporarily. On average, people could expect to see an extra two to four pounds staring back to them after their Thanksgiving feast. Those numbers are a combination of the weight of the food and drink sitting in your belly, plus a good amount of extra water weight. So, just make sure to drink LOTS of water the next day and use all those extra calories on your workout the next day!!!! WORKOUT FIRST them Black Friday Shopping 😜 🏃🏽♀️