Can Anti-aging Supplements Keep You Looking Younger?
Although aging is an inevitable part of life, most of us want to hold on to our youthfulness for as long as possible.
You can’t stop aging, but you can make dietary and lifestyle changes to slow certain aging processes and reduce your risk of age-related disease.
That’s why I prefer to use terms like “support healthy aging” rather than “anti-aging” when talking about healthy habits.
Besides following a healthy diet and lifestyle, taking certain supplements may help slow the aging process and promote a long, healthy life.
5 Nutritional Supplements Recommendation
Here are a few supplements that may offer age-supportive effects:
- Curcumin, or turmeric, is an antioxidant and has anti-inflammatory properties. It can help reduce the risks of mental deterioration.
- Collagen is a naturally occurring protein that supports your bone structure, skin, and cartilage.
- CoQ10, a naturally occurring antioxidant, helps the mitochondria that makes collagen and keratin for your skin.
- Crocin, a compound that comes from saffron, can protect your brain, reduce inflammation, improve your mood, and help control your appetite.
- Vitamin C is vital for repairing damage caused by free radicals. It helps keep your blood vessels, muscles, and bones healthy.
Nevertheless, the best way to promote longevity and overall health is to take care of your body by eating nutritious foods, exercising regularly, and reducing stress.
Other lifestyle habits that support longevity are
- Drink plenty of water
- Protect your skin from the sun
- Get enough rest, and
- Refraining from smoking
It’s important to speak with your healthcare practitioner before you decide to add supplements to your healthcare routine, especially if you are taking any prescription medications.
While you can’t stop aging, you can take care of yourself, so you stay healthier longer.